Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Halloween Is Coming!

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in 3 years. So this year is my chance to take advantage of the costume fun. I decided on the Corpse Bride. I have to make a corset, skirt and wig. But I have everything planned out perfectly. Now I only hope I can get it done... Ha ha. It needs to be done by the 26th for my Honey's party. If not, I have a backup costume... The one I was 3 years ago, a French Maid. I know, how boring.

Here are my plans for my costume:


I have the pattern for the corset top. I'm just going to make it out of Halloween satin and some blue tulle around the edges. I want to sew on an appliqué just below the right breast for her ribs that show through. I think I will draft the skirt myself, as well as paint and dye it. I'm dying my thigh-highs blue and am going to buy cheap white satin shoes from Payless Shoes. The wig I will make out of yarn and some old nylons.

I'm hoping this costume works. Knock on wood!

In other sewing news. I bought some fabric (on sale!) from Reprodepot for my first dress! It's a cute pink cotton graphic print that's subtle yet fun!


Cute, huh? Anyways, I am working on my next design. It's very cute also. I am considering entering it in the Alice in Workingland Contest at BurdaStyle. However, I'm not so sure about my drafting abilities quite yet... But we'll see.

I must now be on my way to JoAnn's. I hope I find what I need, that store has been severely disappointing lately. Wish me luck!

No comments: