Thursday, November 01, 2007

Christmas Is Coming!

Yes, I had to say it... I saw the first Christmas commercial today. It was for Dell computers. I was kind of irked. I love Christmas and the holiday season, but I think that the corporations and consumerism are really taking it too far... We're totally skipping Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and this is definitely one of my favorite holidays. I don't need to have tons of ads thrown in my face telling me to buy this and that for whoever. But I guess I just may be different, I pretty much plan out what I'm buying/making for everyone that I gift to.

And this brings me to my first Christmas gift project... I decided to knit Urchin for my older sister. She is quite a bit older than myself and has a vintage/eclectic style going. She's also an artist. I just hope she likes it, she seems to be kind of picky sometimes... I'm knitting it with Lion Brand Homespun so it's easy to wash and take care of.

Right now it looks like a big blob, I hope it ends up looking better...

And as I mentioned in my previous blog post, I am going to make the slippers from Sew Stylish Gifts to Make. I still haven't received the leather, I hope it comes soon...

Now I just have to brainstorm about gifts for my other loved ones... My honey thinks he's getting a roll cage for his '68 Mustang. I'm not so sure about that... Maybe next year.

No comments: