Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Costume Progress


Well I have the heart and pins done. I'm still working on the dress, and that has been quite a task...

The pattern that I used is the Coffee Date dress from elainemay on BurdaStyle. I found all kinds of sizing and proportion issues with this and then realized how thankful I was to have taken some pattern drafting classes at my local community college.

I made the necessary adjustments to the bodice and it is now fitting perfect! I also decided to use a full bodice lining instead of the facings since the fabric is pretty sheer. I will just be wearing a slip under the skirt though, there is no need for a fully lined dress.


That said, I'm almost done! I have both bodices sewn and just need to sew them together, attach the skirt and install the zipper. I can't wait to see how this all comes together!

No comments: