Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yummies!

So, I have begun knitting my Danica Scarf once again. I have found a bit of motivation after finishing my beret! And speaking of the beret, I shrunk it in the wash. It fits much nicer now.

I did some cooking this weekend. I made some ice cream for my dad. He has been bugging me for ice cream since he bought me an ice cream maker for Christmas, a la Homer Simpson and the bowling ball for Marge's birthday. He found the ice cream maker at Macy's and it just so conveniently fit onto my new KitchenAid mixer. Did I mention that I am not a big ice cream fan and that my dad always keeps about 3 different flavors stocked in the freezer? My dad is pretty funny!

Anyway, the recipe is called Raspberry Velvet Melange. It reminds me of a dessert that you would find at a nicer restaurant, like a chocolate velvet cake drizzled with raspberry sauce. The recipe is very simple and was very quick to make. I must admit, I had tons of fun using the ice cream maker attachment on my mixer. All I had to do was turn it on, add the batter and let it mix for about half an hour. I hope my dad likes it though, he's on a business trip to Sacramento and will not be home until this evening. My mom also made me promise that I make a batch of ice cream every weekend because she likes it so much. I'm guessing there won't be very much room in the freezer to store other food items in the near future.

I also made these Italian Pepperoni-Cheese Puffs. These are very yummy and went well with the spaghetti that I made for lunch today. I didn't have fresh parsley on hand so I used some dried basil and oregano instead. My mom liked them and wouldn't stop eating them! I had to put them away so they weren't just there for her to take.

For good measure, a picture of what's outside my kitchen window... Two old guys soaking up the sun, my Jack Russell Barkley and my Beagle Charley.

I did pretty well this weekend! My mom is really picky when it comes to my cooking and baking and usually doesn't like what I make... Hrmph! Well, I batted 2 for 2 this weekend! Now the next critic is my honey...

No comments: