Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year, New Beginnings!

I know, my title is so clever. But it is the truth! I left my job, I worked at Kinko's and found a new one that is a little more better suited for me. I work for a small distribution company here in So Cal. I am now doing office work and keeping in contact with customers and whatnot. Oh and I never have time to just sit around, I am always doing something. I feel that I am more respected as an employee, in many ways... I am getting paid more for one, and I am working more hours. My boss is constantly asking me for my opinion on every aspect of the business and I am treated as an equal. It is very nice and refreshing. And best of all, I do not have to wear that stinkin' over sized uniform and I actually get the weekends off now!

I did love my previous job, it was fun and I worked with a lot of great people and I had a wonderful boss, but working for such a large corporation was not fun. I felt lost amongst the other thousands of employees that worked there.

Since I do have the weekends off now, I am super excited! This weekend my honey and I went out with our friends, drove out to LA and walked around UCLA, Olvera Street and ate beef French dip at Phillipe.

Today I've already started organizing my craft area in my room, and I set up my overlocker. I have been so scared to use it. Boy was that fear so unnecessary! It is so quiet and sturdy, I am so surprised! I can't wait to use it for one of my sewing projects!



In other news, it has been a month since I last posted. Christmas and New Year's (and my birthday) have come and gone once again... I wasn't able to finish that purse for my sister, I'm still working on it. I was actually working a lot during the break and I was sick. Blah... I wasn't able to make anything for Christmas as a matter of fact. The slippers, fix my dress, anything... How sad, I know... I do hope to have time to do all these things now that I do have the weekends. We'll see!

Now back to sewing... or cleaning. I'll leave you off with something my mommy got me for Christmas. It's a pincushion from Squirrel Momma on Etsy. I love it! It's super cute and well, I didn't have a pincushion.

No comments: