Thursday, September 13, 2007

Doing the Sewing Thing.

So today I was working on my Torso Block a little. Transferring the block to tag board and making some minuscule changes and adjustments.

I also spent some time going through my practice patterns from last semester, I threw most of them out. I figure if I need to refer to them again I should learn how to do them.

I then worked on the dress that I was supposed to make for the wedding... Ha ha. It will get done... eventually.

And lastly, I traced Onion 2017 for the fabric that I bought from Gorgeous Fabrics. I must say, I love Onion patterns already! They are so much easier to trace than other patterns because they are printed on a sturdy white paper with nice, dark, thick lines. I also like that fact that I get to add my own seam allowance, I'd much rather sew with 1/2" than 5/8", because let's face it, all that seam allowance is just "in case" I screw up and cut out the wrong size or even gain a few pounds... I haven't cut out the wrong size yet, and well forget me gaining a few pounds... I just feel it's a big waist of fabric, no matter what the reasons for it all being there.

I am making view C with the short sleeves. It's supposed to be tunic length, but when comparing it to my short stature it turns out to be pretty much a knee skimming dress
I cannot wait to buy my next Onion pattern. I am thinking that the featured pattern for September will be my next. I discovered this one about a year ago in a review on Pattern Review. I love it! The jacket looks so warm and cozy.

No comments: