Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ideas! Good Recycling Ideas!

Okay, first I have to grumble about the stupid switch to Google Blogger, or whatever the hell it is. Google is great and everything, but I do NOT need another stupid e-mail! Blah!

Anyways...

I had an idea. I saw this blog yesterday while surfing on my day off. I must say, what a cute blog! She had the cutest little apron, and I decided that I need to have one for myself. This is especially exciting to me since I have this and this that I recently received in the mail! I can't wait to combine the two color variations.

Now on to the recycling/reusing/repurposing, or what you will... I have a penchant to buy one or two things from Anthropologie.com. And they always package their smaller items in these muslin bags, which look like this...


I know that they won't make up the majority of the apron, but they will definitely be much more useful that way. I was previously storing small balls of yarn in the larger ones and small silk scarves in the smaller ones. I know I have lots of un-dyed muslin in my ginormous stash of fabric, so I can use that for the rest of the apron.

And speaking of aprons, I believe that my next craft book purchase will be The Apron Book. I have read so many good things about it, and since I've been doing a lot more cooking now, it could come in useful.

I have recently bought quite a few books. The classic Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and Simple Sewing with a French Twist: An Illustrated Guide to Sewing Clothes and Home Accessories with Style. The New Cook Book, obviously, is a timeless favorite and a must have especially if you want to learn how to cook more than just spaghetti. LMKG and Simple Sewing are both beautifully photographed, well written, as well as well laid out. I must say I am thoroughly impressed!

Alright, that's enough jabbering for now, must start sewing!

No comments: