I finished Grandma's Clapotis last night and I'm quite proud of it! I had fun knitting it even though it took me about two and a half months. At least I got it done in time for Christmas... and with time to spare! I used Artyarns Supermerino in color #215 that I bought at discount from LoopYarn. I found this wool very soft and not scratchy and would like to buy a black colorway to make a Clapotis for myself.
I did find that I had taught myself a "different" way to knit when I started to knit this. I was wondering why it said "ktbl" aka "knit through back loop" when I was already doing that anyway! So I guess you could say I learned to knit the "proper" way to make this Clapotis.
Since I'm done with this and starting a new occupation tomorrow morning, I think I'm going to go to the local yarn store that I finally found close to me. It's called Knitwitz and it's in San Dimas, the next town over!
No comments:
Post a Comment