Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Five Year WIP Dress Finally Finished!

I finally finished a dress I started about 5 years ago. I had originally given up on the dress because it was just TOO big. But I pulled it out of the closet to give it a go again. To my chagrin, I found moth holes in it, but I knew I could fix those too!

I went to Craftster to ask for some advice. The only idea I could come up with myself was cutting off the section with the holes and adding a contrasting bottom section. Someone suggested the great idea to applique. (Why didn't I think of that?) So I went to JoAnn's and bought a little bit of black microsuede and cut out some flower and leaf shapes. I then appliqued them on with embroidery floss in a cross stitch with French knots. Here's the dress on: I'm definitely wearing this with black tights, a black cardigan and a pair of my fave shoes... Matches perfectly! The pattern used is out of print, but it is New Look 6065. It has an a line skirt and the empire bodice has pleating at the center front. I used a grey wool suiting for the fabric.

No comments: