Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Unemployment = Learn How to Cook!

Okay. So I have been searching for jobs. When I'm not doing that I'm doing homework, sewing, knitting, cleaning, baking and learning how to cook! Yesterday I baked Martha's Cookie of the Month from May 2005. They were great! Sugar vanilla cookies with raspberry white chocolate cream filling sandwiched between...


Some people may not like the filling, such as my boyf, but the cookies themselves are wonderful!

Today I made Martha's Gazpacho from one of the recipe cards (sorry, I'm not sure which issue). This recipe was a success as well! I did add some paprika and chili powder to give it some extra taste. I also decided to roast my own orange bell pepper as the recipe calls for canned roasted bell peppers. I made it for lunch for my mom and served it with French bread, avocado and saltine crackers spread with cream cheese. She loved it! Although she really wanted to heat it up; I wouldn't let her.

I'm searching for other good recipes to experiment with in the other issues that we have. My gramma gives all of the issues she gets to my mom when she's done looking at them... Lucky me!

No comments: